Residential Mortgage Underwriter Job Opening
Clover Mortgage Inc. is a fast growing modern day mortgage brokerage looking to add an experienced, knowledgeable, and hardworking mortgage underwriter to join our team of professionals.
- On a daily basis, review received mortgage applications along with supporting documentation and negotiate terms with the mortgage broker, decline the applications, recommend the applications for approval and in some instances, approve the applications. Ensure that approved deals close as scheduled and as efficiently as possible by following up on outstanding conditions/documents and ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Follow up with brokers on a daily basis on issued mortgage commitments to ensure the efficient closing of mortgage files.
- On a daily basis provide the highest level of internal and external customer service while fielding mortgage broker inquiries and maintaining broker relationships.
- On a daily basis, provide underwriting expertise to mortgage brokers, clients and co-workers and maintain an up to date knowledge of CMHC, Genworth and company policies, procedures and products.
- Attractive base salary PLUS commission and bonus opportunities
- Ability to use initiative and good judgment
- Sound thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Strong Customer Service mindset.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of AML & ATF practices
- Established and meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Proven ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and to perform well in a high volume, high intensity environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner
- 2+ years’ mortgage experience in the alternative mortgage market
- Proficiency in MS Office (mainly MS Word and Excel)
- Completion of a post-secondary degree preferably in a financial field
- Knowledge of fraud risk in the mortgage industry and the ability to address concerns relating to suspected misrepresentation is required
- Working knowledge of Gmail Suite, Microsoft Word, Xcel, Powerpoint, Adobe PDF Creator and Editor, and other necessary software
- Analytical: You can break down complex information for our lender partners
- Resourceful: You may not have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture and want to preserve it.
Apply with resume to email@example.com